Pepiniera Istrița and the fruit farm operate in two basic sectors:
- production and marketing of fruit propagating material;
- production and marketing of fruit trees: apple, plum, cherry.
As a plant with a profile, it aims at achieving the following objectives:
- Restructuring of fruitful heritage. Analyzing the natural production potential (climate, soil, sunstroke) will be taken into account:
- expanding the crop of the fruit species that meet in Istrița the best conditions for growth and development: plum, cherry, cherry, apple and hone;
- the continuation of the establishment of superintensive orchards with high densities of trees (plum and cherry about 1250 trees/ha, apple about 3000 trees/ha, pear and cherry about 2000 trees/ha);
- application of modern technologies: drip irrigation, green cuts, crown shapes that highlight the productive potential of the species and the new types of plantations
- Modernization of the fruit nursery by:
- generalization of drip irrigation and fertilization;
- herbicide in tree school;
- expanding new honeysuckle technologies (producing Knip forests);
- producing container seedlings for the purpose of harvesting it throughout the year.
- The research activity will be linked to the objectives of the Research Center for Integrated Fruit Growing.
- Extension and technology transfer. Consider:
- integration and correlation of actions in this field with those of the department of fruit growing;
- expanding demonstration batches;
- diversification of specific extension forms (popularization publications, leaflets, etc.)
- cooperation with the research and development centers in the field of fruit growing